Spike Lee’s Red Hook Summer comes out in theaters August 10. This will be the first independent film release by Lee’s production company, 40 Acres and a Mule. Lee’s company has teamed up with Variance Films for a theatrical release in New York City with over major markets to follow. Under Lee’s direction the film was shot in 19 days last year in Brooklyn.
The movie has sparked serious buzz, primarily, during its debut screening at the Sundance Film Festival in January, leading many to believe that is might could be Lee’s most controversial film in his 35-year career. The movie tells the story of a young boy from the South who came to visit his religious grandfather in Brooklyn over the summer, who he’s never met. Their is surprising twist, which many critics have found polarizing, which includes a heinous sexual act involving Bible scripture.
article courtesy of TheGrio.com
- First Lady Michelle Obama Honors Her Favorite Dads On Father’s Day
- Do You Like The New Byron Cage Song “You” [Poll]
- BeBe Winans Weighs In On Creflo Dollar Arrest [EXCLUSIVE]
- VH1 To Honor Rodney King With Repeat Of ‘Uprising’
- Jehovah’s Witnesses Ordered To Pay $20Mil In Child Sex Abuse Case!
- Jada Pinkett Smith Takes On Child Trafficking And Modern Slavery
- Benny Hinn Says Wife’s Drug Problems Led To Divorce
- NAACP To Investigate Arrest Of Creflo Dollar
- Yolanda’s Points Of Power: Restoration In The Body of Christ [EXCLUSIVE AUDIO]
For all your Inspiration Updates and to chat with us online LIKE US on Facebook!