- 2 cups packed baby spinach
- 8 ounces whole-wheat spaghetti
- 1 cup thinly sliced new or baby potatoes (about 4 ounces)
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add spinach and cook just until wilted, about 45 seconds. Use a slotted spoon or fine sieve to transfer the spinach to a blender. Return the water to a boil and add spaghetti and potatoes. Cook, stirring once or twice, until almost tender, 6 to 7 minutes. Add green beans and cook until tender, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- When the spaghetti and vegetables are almost done, carefully scoop out 1 cup of the cooking liquid from the pot. Pour 1/2 cup of the liquid into the blender and add pesto, pepper and salt. Blend until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary.
- Drain the spaghetti and vegetables and return to the pot; stir in the pesto mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring gently, until the sauce is thickened and the pasta is hot, 1 to 2 minutes. Add more of the cooking liquid, as desired, for a thinner sauce.
article courtesy of KitchenDaily.com