While getting swept in game 4 of the NBA playoffs, Los Angeles Lakers star Andrew Bynum was kicked out of the game after elbowing Dallas Mavericks player J.J. Barea in the ribs, causing him to take a hard fall to the ground. While walking out, he took his shirt off as he was guarded by security just in case angry Mavericks fans would retaliate.
In the days following, Bynum found himself getting blasted in the media, including former Lakers legend Magic Johnson calling his action “classless,” while others thought it was an embarrassment to coach Phil Jackson before he entered retirement. Bynum has since issued an official apology, however, the NBA has decided to suspend him for at least 5 games next season for the flagrant foul plus a $25,000 fine for taking off his shirt for the flagrant foul.
Overall, the unnecessary hit will cost Bynum a total of $702,272 when all is said and done.
Check out the video plus Bynum’s apology below:
“I want to apologize for my actions at the start of the fourth quarter in Dallas. This doesn’t represent my upbringing and I want to apologize to J.J. Barea for doing that. I’m glad he wasn’t seriously injured. All I can say is I look at it as terrible. I saw it. I went in and I watched it, it was terrible. The whole sequence, taking off of the shirt and everything. Sometimes you just have to man up and own it. That’s what happened and it’s unacceptable. … It looks bad. It just looks bad.”
Meanwhile, there are also rumors that he may be traded to Orlando Magic in exchange for Dwight Howard who may join the Lakers.
Read more: Lakers Player Andrew Bynum Gets Suspended & Fined $25,000 | Necole Bitchie.com
Most Popular Articles
- Amber Rose In Cleveland: Still Claiming A Reality Show!? [Exclusive Interview]
- WTF! Nicki Minaj’s Bank Statements Revealed!
- Jim Jones Is Finally Getting His Grown Man On! The Braids Are DONE!
- Jim Jones Cuts His Hair Off [PICS]
- Whitney Houston’s Daughter Bobbi Kristina Involved In Gun Brawl
- Osama Bin Laden Dead – YC & Barack Obama ‘Rack On Racks’ Remix [MUSIC VIDEO]
- WTF! Mike Epps: You Got served!
- Shaunie O’Neal Blasts Chris Bosh For Suing “Basketball Wives” [VIDEO]
- Cleveland Spotlight: Congrez To Appear On BET [Exclusive Interview] @TheRealCongrez
- FUNNY VIDEO: What Obama Really Wanted To Say About Bin Laden (Hood Version)
‘Killed’: Lashawn Thompson Autopsy Results Show Inmate ‘Infested’ With Insects Died From Jail Neglect: Lawyers
2 Alligators Spotted Loose in Ohio, 1 Still Missing
Cuyahoga County Woman Gets Prison Time, 20 Dead Cats Found in Home
Even Though The End Was Weird, Jim Brown’s Legacy Deserves Our Celebration
Mississippi Cop Shoots 11-Year-Old Boy In Chest After He Called 911 To Help His Mother
Iconic Singer Tina Turner Dead at 83
DA Fani Willis Urged To Act After Autopsy Finds Inmate Was ‘Eaten’ By Bugs
Praise 94.5 Mobile App