Still basking in the glow of their newborn twins, Mariah Carey and husband Nick Cannon were involved in some drama when Child Services were called on Mariah after the twins were born. According to reports, Mariah had remained in the hospital a week after her babies were born because she was nursing a minor infection following her C-Section. One day, while Mariah was breastfeeding her babies, a female representative from Child Protective Services paid a visit to the hospital. The rep claimed that she was following up on a tip that said that Mariah was drinking and taking pain medications while breastfeeding which could harm her babies.
According to Nick Cannon, the visit from CPS was part of a tabloid scam. He tells Piers Morgan, in an interview that will air next week, that someone heard the nurse tell Mariah to drink Guinness Beer to improve breast feeding and called CPS, not because they believed Mariah did anything wrong, but because they were hoping the CPS agent would be able to get a photo of the babies that could be sold to the tabloids.
“It all started when a nurse suggested to my wife that if you drink Guinness, the dark beer, the yeast improves breastfeeding… I don’t know if someone heard that, but then they were saying my wife was drinking beer. People will do anything to try to conjure up a story.
“Then when I spoke to the person from child protection services, (they said), ‘This is ridiculous, we’re going to make sure this isn’t the case’. To even have to deal with that, my wife in the state that she’s in, we’re in the hospital, to even have to think about someone possibly wanting to investigate your children… it’s sad at the end of the day.”
“There’s been photographers actually in the hospital posing as different people or (people) trying to get pictures of the kids, which is really sad when you think about people trying to make a buck off newborn babies.”
That’s insane. The woman can’t breastfeed in a hospital without people trying to make some pocket change off of her.
In better news for the couple, check out the $12,000, 14-karat white and rose gold necklace that Nick gave Mariah for Mother’s Day:
Photo: Jason Beverly Hills/ WireImage
Most Popular Articles
- WTF! Lakers Own, Shannon Brown Sleeping With Teammate’s Wifey?!
- Transgendered Prostitute Releases Tell-All Book… Guess Who’s In It!
- Lebron James Is A Baller On The Court And At The Bar! SMH!!
- Serena Williams Causes Controversy On Twitter!
- Whitney Houston Banned from Prince Shows
- Win a trip to the Essence Music Festival
- Breaking News: Former Cavs Player Found Dead in Apartment
- OMG! Child Protective Services Called On Mariah Carey?!
- An Eye For An Eye: The Ultimate Payback!
- Beautiful Soul Sista Jill Scott Covers Ebony Magazine For The First Time