Romans 15:2-3 tells us, “Let each of us please his neighbor for his good, to his edification. For even Christ did not please Himself . . .” Who is your closest neighbor?
Your husband. How can you edify (build, improve) your mate and thereby enhance his self-worth? By discovering–and doing–what pleases him.
If you are creative, pleasing your mate may be a natural part of your personality. But a less creative person may need some coaching in becoming a partner pleaser. And all of us need an occasional cue card to remind us to reach out. Here are a few ideas:
1. Write him a letter and send it to his office, or put a love note in his lunchbox or briefcase.
2. Prepare his favorite meal.
3. Arrange an evening out for just the two of you.
4. Wear his favorite dress with your hair done the way he likes it.
5. Purchase something small and frivolous for him that he won’t buy himself.
6. Give him a nicely framed picture of yourself, or of you and the children, for his office.
7. Surprise him with an all-expense-paid trip to do something he likes, such as golf, fishing, or hunting trip.
Source: True Woman
- BREAKING NEWS: Bishop Eddie Long Steps Down!
- Video: Student Hangs Confederate Flag In Dorm
- Video: Shaquille O’Neal Dishes To Robin Roberts About Life After The NBA
- Ky. Church Forced To Reverse Ban On Interracial Couples
- Bishop Eddie Long’s Wife Decides to (Again) File for Divorce!
- Anonymous Secret Santa: Businessman Hands Out $100 Bills In America’s Poorest City (VIDEO)
- Up-Date: Muhammad Ali Home From Hospital After Losing Consciousness
- Ray Jr’s Christmas Wish: Cleveland’s Own Ray Jr. Is Looking For Needy Families
- LOCAL NEWS: AmTrust Financial To Expand, Add More Jobs
- “Thou, Dear God”: A Collection of Prayers by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.!
More from Praise Cleveland
‘Killed’: Lashawn Thompson Autopsy Results Show Inmate ‘Infested’ With Insects Died From Jail Neglect: Lawyers
2 Alligators Spotted Loose in Ohio, 1 Still Missing
Cuyahoga County Woman Gets Prison Time, 20 Dead Cats Found in Home
Lil Kim Is Smokin’ Hot On The Cover Of ‘XXL’ Magazine
Even Though The End Was Weird, Jim Brown’s Legacy Deserves Our Celebration
Mississippi Cop Shoots 11-Year-Old Boy In Chest After He Called 911 To Help His Mother
Kierra Sheard-Kelly Announces Pregnancy: “I Am So Excited & Blessed”
D.L. Hughley: Life And Times Of The Thought-Provoking Comedic Genius