(CNN) — Redemption came quickly for the Cleveland Cavaliers in Tuesday’s NBA draft lottery.
Last year, the team lost its franchise player and first overall pick in the 2003 draft: LeBron James.
As King James rose to the second-best record in the Eastern Conference with 58 wins this season, the Cavaliers slipped to the worst record in the conference winning only 19 games.
But Tuesday night, Cavs fans found something to smile about again. They won the number one pick in the NBA draft. They also earned the fourth pick in the draft, a development that could make Cleveland a major player again.
The draft order is determined by lottery among the 14 teams with the most losses.
The televised event turned bars in downtown Cleveland into church revivals.
“Would never have thought it was a possibility,” Campy Russell, a former Cavaliers player told CNN affiliate WEWS. “For the faithful, this is a great day.” Read More Here
Most Popular Articles
- WTF! Lakers Own, Shannon Brown Sleeping With Teammate’s Wifey?!
- Lebron James Is A Baller On The Court And At The Bar! SMH!!
- Transgendered Prostitute Releases Tell-All Book… Guess Who’s In It!
- Serena Williams Causes Controversy On Twitter!
- Whitney Houston Banned from Prince Shows
- Breaking News: Former Cavs Player Found Dead in Apartment
- OMG! Child Protective Services Called On Mariah Carey?!
- Raven-Symone Shows Off Amazing New Body For Shoot [PHOTOS]
- An Eye For An Eye: The Ultimate Payback!
- Outrage Flares As Michelle Obama Invites Common To White House To Read Poetry
Beyoncé Shows Love To Columbus Couple During Renaissance Tour
Ohio State Finally Names Buckeyes Starting Quarterback
The Gift by Donald Lawrence - Give Us Your Feedback
Praise 94.5 Mobile App
Submit A Black Owned Business For Buy Black Cleveland!
Arrest Warrant Issued For Former Ohio State & NFL Linebacker Darron Lee
Ohio: Most Confrontational Drivers In The Country
Check Your Roots | Ericaism