Ten steps to peace is an exercise we all should try.We all need that extra push to get over the two days behind us and look to the two days to go. Issues that we need to work out are ongoing. There is no one cure all but you can work it out.
1. LIVE IN A STATE OF APPRECIATION – Make a commitment to sincerely appreciate yourself and your loved ones at least several times daily. Focusing on the positive and sincerely noticing things you appreciate in yourself and others brings a feeling of peacefulness and flow that you can feel in your whole body.
2. CHOOSE INTEGRITY IN YOUR AGREEMENTS – Only make agreements you REALLY WANT to make. Give up the “shoulds” and “need to’s”.You gain Peace of Mind by being true to yourself and honest with others.
3. AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, CHOOSE TO DO WHAT IS BEST IN A SITUATION– Think things through before you make that final choice. You may find out you have more options than possible
4. BREATHE – We often are continually reacting to ongoing stimuli and distractions. We unconsciously stop our breath when we experience feelings of anger, fear or sadness that accompany our busy lives. Shift from being reactive to making a cnscious choice in how you respond. My friends constantly remind me to breathe when I go into reactive mode.
5. BE RADICAL AND SHIFT FROM “BLAMING” TO “CLAIMING – Make a commitment to eliminate blame and criticism in your life and you will experience more joy, peace and loving connections. When you notice yourself starting to blame, instead turn it around and KINDLY ask yourself “I wonder how I contributed to this situation?”
read full story
article courtesy of Elev8.com