An energetic and praise-filled woman of God, Munizzi has captured the hearts of gospel music lovers with songs like “Say The Name”, “Glorious”, “Because Of Who You Are” and “Jesus Is The Best Thing (That’s Ever Happened To Me)”. Martha Munizzi has become a household name in the Christian music industry.
Singlehandedly, the GRAMMY Award Nominee and Dove and Stellar Award Winner has literally changed the face of the inspirational genre. With her dynamic and unapologetic style of praise and worship, she touches the very heart of the believer. Not only have lives been changed through her ministry, but she has savored the success of it as well, becoming the best-selling independent artist in the history of gospel music, selling over 500,000 units.
Having performed with the best and brightest in Christendom, Munizzi has ministered with Joel Osteen, Creflo Dollar, Joyce Meyer, Benny Hinn, CeCe Winans and Bishop T.D. Jakes. She’s been seen on the Trinity Broadcasting Network and the Daystar Television Network. She was tapped to perform on BET’s Celebration of Gospel and appeared in the movie, The Gospel. An artist picked to perform on the coveted “Sisters In The Spirit” Tour, Munizzi joined Yolanda Adams, Kelly Price, Juanita Bynum, RiZen and Sheila E. on the sold-out tour. She was also the first ever non African American winner of a Stellar Award.
Not one to rest on her laurels, fans are raving about her latest release Make It Loud. Recorded live at City of Life Church in Kissimmee, Florida, the project is certain to eclipse any other record that the praise and worship artist has done. With songwriting by Munizzi, Gungor, Jonathan Stockstill, Lori Morrison, Daniel Eric Groves and even Munizzi’s daughter, Danielle, the artist sees God’s hand all throughout the record. “God brought together the right people at the right time for this project,” says Munizzi. Not only is the project a snapshot of an incredible night of worship, but Martha sees this project as a platform to expose many other up-and-coming worship leaders as well as new songs for the body of Christ
1. Why Gospel? It’s simple. I’m a fan of Gospel Music. Well its what I listen to. Literally all I listened to before starting in the music ministry. At first it was Southern Gospel because that’s the enviornment my parents preached in. Later on I was introduced to Choir music and I fell in love. Ricky Grundy, John P. Kee and Richard Smallwood. those were my favorites. I knew this is where I belonged and God cultivated that.
2. If you were not a artist what would you be? Definately would be something creative in the beauty industry. Probably Hairstyling or Make up.
3. Who is your dream duet partner? I’d love to work with Vickie Winans or CeCe Winans. It’s funny cuz Donnie McClurkin is a great friend of mine but I’ve never recorded with him on any of my projects. I’d love to work with him. We’re going to make that happen!
4. What’s the 1st tape/album you remember buying? I was working at Prisma Magazine and was going through the tapes that were left over in the prize closet when I came across the Ricky Grundy Mass Choir. I didnt actually buy that one, but I listened to it and it changed my life forever. I knew this was the music I was supposed to minister. This was it.
5. What’s the best dish you prepare? I love Paula Deen. So anything that she makes, i usually copy. My family loves my pot roasts.
article courtesy of GospelLyfe.com
SZA Sizzles In A Curve-Hugging Bodysuit For Kim Kardashian’s SKIMS
Who Jumped Tekashi 6ix9ine? Tweet Claims IG Video Shows Name Of Man Stomping Rapper
Blac Chyna Wears A T-Shirt Of Kim Kardashian To Show ‘Support’ For The Reality TV Star
Blac Chyna Spotted Out After Dissolving Facial Fillers
Congrats! Tamar Braxton Is Engaged!
Eva Marcille Files For Divorce From Husband Michael Sterling After 4 Years of Marriage
Congrats! Da Brat And Jesseca Harris-Dupart Reveal They’re Having A Boy!
GoFundMe For Irvo Otieno Slow To Gain Traction As Family Prepares For Funeral