Fresh corn kernels, tomatoes and lettuce fill these hearty turkey wraps for two. This wrap is great for picnics or when you need to have dinner on the run. Add some crumbled feta or shredded Cheddar for another layer of flavor. Serve with carrot sticks, sliced bell pepperor other crunchy vegetables plus your favorite creamy dressing.
- 1/2 cup corn kernels, fresh (see Tip) or frozen (thawed)
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped soft sun-dried tomatoes (see Shopping Tip)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red-wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 4 thin slices low-sodium deli turkey (about 4 ounces)
- 2 8-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 1. Combine corn, tomato, sun-dried tomatoes, oil and vinegar in a medium bowl.
- 2. Divide turkey among tortillas. Top with equal portions of the corn salad and lettuce. Roll up. Serve the wraps cut in half, if desired.
- Tip: To remove corn kernels from the cob, stand an ear of corn on one end and slice the kernels off with a sharp knife. One ear will yield about 1/2 cup kernels.
- Shopping Tip: Look for soft sun-dried tomatoes (not oil-packed) in the produce section of most supermarkets. If you can only find dry (and hard) sun-dried tomatoes, soak them in boiling water for about 20 minutes before using.
article courtesy of KitchenDaily.com