- For the salsa verde combine the following:
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 lemon zested
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 4 gherkins, diced
- 8 anchovy filets
- For the salad
- 1 loaf French bread, very thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 prawn tails, butterflied
- 1 package mixed salad greens
- 1/3 cup Parmesan, shaved
- 4 organic eggs, soft boiled and halved
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Toast the French loaf slices in the oven until lightly browned. Heat a medium-sized frying pan over a high heat. Add the oil and, when hot, quickly pan-fry the prawns for 3 to 5 minutes, or until just cooked and pink in color. Toss the lettuce leaves, Parmesan shavings and cooked prawns with the salsa verde. Divide the salad between 4 plates and serve garnished with the French-loaf croutons and boiled-egg halves.
- Cook’s notes: Don’t boil the eggs for any longer than 5 minutes if it’s a lovely runny yolk you’re after. Tossed with cooked pasta and vine tomatoes, the salsa verde makes a quick and easy pasta dish.
aritcle courtesy of KitchenDaily.com
Also On Praise Cleveland: