Using this inexpensive cut as a steak instead of a roast is a great way to deliver big meaty flavor without breaking open the piggy bank.
- 2 (1 pound) rump roast steaks, 1-inch-thick
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 anchovy filets (optional)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 5 ounces baby arugula
- Mince and mash garlic and anchovy (if using) to a paste with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Stir garlic paste together with 1 Tbsp oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 3/4 teaspoon pepper. Rub paste all over steaks.
- Heat grill pan over medium-high heat until hot, then sear steaks, turning once, 10 to 15 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer steaks to a cutting board and let rest 10 minutes, then thinly slice across the grain.
- Stir together vinegar, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Toss arugula with vinaigrette. Serve arugula with steak.
article courtesy of KitchenDaily.com
Also On Praise Cleveland: