1. Polls open from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
If you requested an absentee ballot and you already missed the Monday postmark deadline, you have until the polls close to turn it in at your local board of elections. If you’re voting in-person, plan on long lines. To find your polling location, http://bitly.com/4ceo3y
2. Bring your ID
Acceptable identification includes a valid photo ID card, like a driver’s license or state ID, military identification or a copy of a current utility bill, paycheck, or bank statement with your name and address. For a list of proper ID, http://bitly.com/SP7Ji5
3. Not just a presidential race
– Senate: The U.S. Senate race between incumbent Democratic Sen. Sherrod Brown and Ohio Treasurer Republican Josh Mandel looks to be a tight race, with the latest Rasmussen poll giving Brown just a 2 percentage point lead.
– Issue 1: The Ohio Constitution Question Amendment, seeks to form a convention that would revise, amend and alter the state’s constitution. A similar issue failed in 1992.
– Issue 2: If passed, Issue 2 would create a 12-person committee to redraw legislative and congressional district maps. Lobbyists and elected officials would not be permitted on the committee. Currently, Ohio’s districts are draws the district maps every 10 years, to adjust for changes in population.
4. Cleveland Issue 107
The Cleveland Metropolitan School District 15 mil levy is heavily supported by local politicians and leaders to implement an education reform plan and avoid a huge budget deficit. But if passed, it would mean Cleveland homeowners will be an additional $225 a year on every $50,000 of assessed value.
Our crews will be at the Cuyahoga County Board of Elections, in Columbus and right here in the newsroom covering the campaigns, results and possible voter issues. Join the conversation by following @WEWSpolitics and using the #OHvote hashtag. For our complete plan, http://5.wews.com/f2K2Z
article courtesy of Newsnet5.com
‘Killed’: Lashawn Thompson Autopsy Results Show Inmate ‘Infested’ With Insects Died From Jail Neglect: Lawyers
2 Alligators Spotted Loose in Ohio, 1 Still Missing
Cuyahoga County Woman Gets Prison Time, 20 Dead Cats Found in Home
Even Though The End Was Weird, Jim Brown’s Legacy Deserves Our Celebration
Lil Kim Is Smokin’ Hot On The Cover Of ‘XXL’ Magazine
Mississippi Cop Shoots 11-Year-Old Boy In Chest After He Called 911 To Help His Mother
Iconic Singer Tina Turner Dead at 83
Kevin Hart Is Speechless After Sending His Daughter Off To Prom: ‘I Have No Words’