CLOSE
Leave a comment

Halle Berry and her young daughter Nahla will have to stay put on American soil for the time being, a judge ruled Friday.

Berry, 46, who sought permission to move to France with Nahla, 4, in her ongoing custody battle with ex Gabriel Aubry, was denied permission to uproot her life here in the states and start life abroad with fiance Olivier Martinez, TMZ reports.

The “Cloud Atlas” actress had previously asked for the right to move with Nahla because France has much stricter policies about paparazzi and privacy issues, which she said would help keep Nahla safe.

“Because we are followed all the time, she is starting to feel like she is somehow special, and of course she is,” Berry told the November issue of InStyle. “But I want her to understand that she’s special because of who she is, not because she was born into this celebrity blender.”

Aubry, 36, tried to fight Berry on the move from the get-go, saying that it was meant to distance him from their daughter.

Sources close to the actress denied that this was the case, however.

“Halle was never going for full custody. That wasn’t what it was about,” a source told People magazine last year. “Whatever the outcome, she wasn’t trying for that. There were just other issues that they couldn’t resolve, and therefore the courts had to intervene.”

Aubry and Berry parted ways in 2010 after four years together and have been locked in a nasty custody battle ever since.

article courtesy of NYDailyNews.com

Also On Praise Cleveland:
The Top Men Of Gospel [PHOTOS]
BET Celebration of Gospel 2014 - Show
23 photos
comments – add yours
×