8 ounces whole-wheat egg noodles
1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
1 14- to 16-ounce package frozen broccoli florets, thawed and chopped, if desired
1 1/2 cups skim milk
1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 1/2 cups shredded Colby-Jack or Cheddar cheese
1. Place noodles in a large skillet. Pour broth over the noodles. Layer chicken, then broccoli over the noodles.
2. Whisk milk, mayonnaise, flour, dry mustard, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Pour over the broccoli.
3. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer, cover and cook, stirring once or twice, until the noodles and chicken are cooked through, 15 to 18 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, position rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler.
5. When the casserole is done, sprinkle cheese on top and broil until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
article courtesy of KitchenDaily.com