1/2 pound spinach, stems discarded and leaves rinsed
3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
1 small red onion, finely diced
1 1/2 pound ground lamb
2 tablespoon dry red wine, preferably Pinot Noir
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 large garlic clove, minced
4 slice of peasant bread
4 ounce fresh goat cheese, cut into 4 pieces
marjoram leaves, for garnish
1. Heat a medium skillet over moderately high heat. Add a large handful of spinach and cook, stirring, until the leaves are wilted. Transfer the wilted spinach to a colander and repeat with the remaining leaves. Gently squeeze the spinach dry, coarsely chop and reserve.
2. In the same skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the red onion and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 7 minutes. Transfer the onion to a large bowl and let cool. Add the ground lamb to the bowl and break it up slightly. Add the red wine, cumin, cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper and blend well. Gently form the mixture into four 4-inch patties.
3. In the same skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Add the minced garlic and cook over moderate heat until fragrant, about 40 seconds. Add the wilted spinach and cook, stirring, until hot. Season the spinach with salt and pepper, cover and keep warm.
4. Light a grill. Lightly brush the bread with olive oil and grill, turning once, until lightly browned, about 1 minute per side. Spread the fresh goat cheese on the bread and top with the garlicky spinach.
5. Brush the lamb patties with olive oil and season lightly with salt and pepper. Grill over moderately high heat, turning once, until the patties are nicely charred outside and medium-rare within, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the chopped lamb steaks to the bread, garnish with marjoram leaves and serve with a fork and knife.
article courtesy of KitchenDaily.com
2 Alligators Spotted Loose in Ohio, 1 Still Missing
Cuyahoga County Woman Gets Prison Time, 20 Dead Cats Found in Home
Even Though The End Was Weird, Jim Brown’s Legacy Deserves Our Celebration
Mississippi Cop Shoots 11-Year-Old Boy In Chest After He Called 911 To Help His Mother
‘Killed’: Lashawn Thompson Autopsy Results Show Inmate ‘Infested’ With Insects Died From Jail Neglect: Lawyers
Iconic Singer Tina Turner Dead at 83
DA Fani Willis Urged To Act After Autopsy Finds Inmate Was ‘Eaten’ By Bugs
Praise 94.5 Mobile App