A former Navy reservist with a “pattern of misconduct” unleashed a barrage of bullets at the Washington Navy Yard on Monday, killing 12 people and injuring eight others.
Employed as a military contractor, 34-year-old Aaron Alexis began at the Navy Yard last week, but worked at multiple Navy offices over the summer, according to employer Homas Hoshko, CEO of The Experts, an HP subcontractor. Hoshko said there were no reports of problems with Alexis at the other Navy offices.
Authorities said Alexis was killed after an encounter with security.
In addition to the dead suspect, who authorities identified earlier, police late Monday released the names and ages of seven of the 12 people killed in the shooting. None of the seven was military personnel. They are Michael Arnold, 59; Sylvia Frasier, 53; Kathy Gaarde, 62; John Roger Johnson, 73; Frank Kohler, 50; Kenneth Bernard Proctor, 46; and Vishnu Pandit, 61. The names of the other five will be released once their families have been notified.
Eight people were injured in the shooting rampage, Washington Mayor Vincent Gray told reporters Monday night. Three of those were injured by gunfire, and the others had other types of injuries, such as contusions and chest pain. Earlier Monday evening, Navy Vice Adm. William D. French said 14 people were injured.
CLICK HERE to read story
article courtesy of CNN.com