Studios and filmmakers are rediscovering a classic text as source material for upcoming mainstream films:the Bible.
Nearly 10 years after the blockbuster success of Mel Gibson‘s “The Passion of the Christ,” which earned $611.9 million worldwide, studios are looking to the Good Book for good material.
Future films include:
• LD Entertainment is financially backing “Resurrection,” a drama set immediately after Jesus’ death and directed by “Hatfields & McCoys” director Kevin Reynolds.
• Paramount will release “Noah,” a $125 million adaptation starring Russell Crowe in 2014.
• 20th Century Fox is developing “Exodus,” a Moses film starring Christian Bale.
• Warner Bros. has another Moses-themed film titled “Gods And Kings,” which Steven Spielberg flirted with directing.
• Warner Bros. also is working on a film on Pontius Pilate, rumored to possibly include Brad Pitt
CLICK HERE to read story
article courtesy of Joy105.com