Mayor Frank G. Jackson and Chief of Police Calvin D. Williams proudly announce that the 2014 City of Cleveland Gun Buy-Back will be held on Saturday, September 6, 2014, at Public Safety Central located at 2001 Payne Avenue. In exchange for operable handguns or semi-automatic weapons (Assault weapons), citizens will be given a either a $100 (handguns) or $200 (semi-automatic weapons) Target, gas or food gift card and two tickets to an upcoming Cavaliers and Lake Erie Monsters game.
Cleveland Police have partnered with the Cleveland Police Foundation, ArcelorMittal, the Cleveland Gladiators, Burt Saltzman owner of Dave’s Supermarkets, the Lake Erie Monsters, Clear Channel Outdoor, the Cuyahoga County Sheriff’s Department and the Cleveland Police Patrolman’s Association to organize this year’s Gun Buy-Back.
“This community partnership will help us to prevent a tragedy in the city of Cleveland,” said Chief of Police Calvin D. Williams. “This is a strategy the City of Cleveland and the Division of Police have employed previously. As a result of the Gun Buy-Back someone’s life will be saved.”
“ArcelorMittal is proud to partner with the Cleveland Division of Police on the gun buy-back program. It is a natural extension of our commitment to make Cleveland a safer place for our employees and neighbors. After the guns are collected, we are pleased to melt down the weapons and recycle them into new steel which will eventually become consumer goods that improve the quality of all our lives,” said Eric Hauge, Vice President & General Manager, ArcelorMittal Cleveland.
How to Participate:
1. Bring a working handgun or semi-automatic rifle (Assault Rifle) to Public Safety Central located at 2001 Payne Avenue on Saturday, September 6, 2014, between the hours of 8:30a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
2. The weapon must be unloaded in a clear plastic bag inside a second container (gym bag, backpack, etc.)
3. Transport the unloaded and properly bagged weapon locked in the trunk of your vehicle.
4. Pack ammunition separately. Non semi-automatic rifles and shotguns can be turned in but NO incentive will be given.
5. Cleveland Police Officers will inspect the weapon to ensure that it is operable.
6. After the officers determine that the weapon is operable a $100 gift card will be given to those who turn in a handgun and a $200 gift card to those who turn in a semi-automatic rifle (Assault Rifle).
7. Everyone surrendering a gun will be provided with a ticket voucher for a pair of tickets to a Lake Erie Monsters or Cleveland Gladiators game.
Beyoncé Shows Love To Columbus Couple During Renaissance Tour
Praise 94.5 Mobile App
Ohio State Finally Names Buckeyes Starting Quarterback
Submit A Black Owned Business For Buy Black Cleveland!
Ciara Confirms Pregnancy, Expecting Baby No. 4
Arrest Warrant Issued For Former Ohio State & NFL Linebacker Darron Lee
Rest In Power: Notable Black Folks Who We’ve Lost In 2023
Ohio: Most Confrontational Drivers In The Country