Unlike Thanksgiving Day travel, which is packed into a single weekend, Christmas travel is spread out over multiple weeks. Cleveland Hopkins International Airport officials are encouraging travelers to plan ahead this Christmas season. That means giving yourself plenty of time – arriving at least two hours early – to get to the airport, find parking, check in and go through security. Once past security, travelers can begin to enjoy what CLE has to offer this holiday season.
Travelers should be aware of the peak times which include early morning from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m., early afternoon from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and late afternoon to early afternoon from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Airport officials encourage travelers to arrive at least 2 hours before scheduled departures to allow time for inclement weather, traffic, parking, checking-in and going through the checkpoints.
CLE’s web site is a one-stop shop for travelers looking for travel information. Visit the web site atwww.clevelandairport.com to the following:
- Traffic and weather
- Status of your flight
- Airline contact information
Follow CLE on Twitter at @GoingPlacesCLE and on Facebook at facebook.com/CLEairport for airport travel conditions and parking availability.
Consider using the airline’s website to do advance check-in to print your boarding pass up to 24-hours before departure.
Travelers have five separate on-site parking options, including:
- CLE Curbside Valet — $25 per day, located on the upper roadway near the Delta Air Lines and Spirit Airlines ticket counters.
- The CLE Smart Parking Garage at $17.00 per day, or $13.00 per day after 3 days.
- The Red Lot at $13.00 per day.
- The Blue Lot at $11.00 per day.
- The new Orange Lot at $11.00 a day (formerly the long term parking garage location)
CLICK HERE to read story