It’s that time of the year when your car may experience extensive damage driving over pothole-ridden roads.
You have a few options if you want to file a pothole claim against the City of Cleveland. There are several steps you need in order to be successful, and even then, you might not get what you want.
In all of 2014, 1138 pothole damage claims were filed, but the city paid 190 of them with a total of $49,433.72.
Here’s some of what you need to try to prove your case in Cleveland:
- A copy of your title and registration.
- Insurance information
- Two estimates
- Age of your tire and the tread of your tire.
- Police report or incident report, if applicable
- Pictures of the damage, and what caused the damage
- Witness statements (optional)
There is a pothole incident claim form on the City of Cleveland’s website. You can call216-664-2803 for additional information or concerns on pothole claims.