There’s something rich about gathering with other followers of Christ.
Over time, I’ve heard from some of you readers who tell me you haven’t been going to church for years, and in my heart this feels as though you’re turning down Disneyland, outlet malls and a sunny day on the beach all at once.
I told my friend last night that I was shipping this blog post to you, and she said, “What look will your readers see on your face when they’re reading about why you think they should go to church?” So I showed her, and it looked like a child’s best, “Mom, pleeeeeeease can we go to the park today?” look. So are you picturin’ it? Me here with this begging face on?
1. If you follow Christ, you are part of the body of Christ, and body parts, by nature, are connected. I know a sweet young woman who is recovering from surgery on the stump of her leg right now, so I can picture what a troublesome thing it is to have an amputation (1 Cor. 12:27).
2. God wants to show others who he is through YOU. When you get involved at church, people get a bigger understanding of who God is (1 Cor. 12:7). Crazy, huh?
3. You have been given a spiritual gift that is to be used to build up the body of Christ. Your gift is something other believers desperately need (1 Cor. 12)!
4. You need to eat, learn and pray with other believers (Acts 2:42-47).
5. You need to share with others, which means you have to hang out enough that you see the needs your brothers and sisters have. And they’re gonna wanna share with you (Acts 2:45).
CLICK HERE to read story