In 2008, 6 million Americans didn’t vote because they missed a registration deadline or didn’t know how to register. In 2016, we want to make sure no one is left out. On September 27, 2016, volunteers, celebrities, and organizations from all over the country will “hit the streets” for National Voter Registration Day. This single day of coordinated ﬁeld, technology and media efforts will create pervasive awareness of voter registration opportunities–allowing us to reach tens of thousands of voters who we could not reach otherwise.
What It Means
- Volunteers at transportation hubs, retail stores, sporting events, and concerts.
- Technology to help eligible voters ﬁnd registration drives nearby and register to vote online.
- A network of grassroots, local organizations engaged in their own communities.
- Tens of thousands of voters registering to vote online and ofﬂine in a single day.
What It Will Accomplish
- Register Voters: A network of a thousand organizations operating on the ground and through social media will register tens of thousands of voters in the ﬁeld and tens of thousands more online while also receiving pledges to vote from those already registered.
CLICK HERE to read story
Gina Pearson, Wife Of Bishop Carlton Pearson Files For Divorce
BREAKING NEWS: Bishop Veron Ashe Has Passed Away
Northeast Ohio: Heavy Snow Is On The Way This Week
Jekalyn Carr Makes Her Daytime TV Debut With Performance Of “I Believe God” On ‘Tamron Hall’
Erica Campbell & Roland Martin To Host Urban One Honors May 16th On TV One
1K Phew Is Shaking Up The Gospel Rap Scene | ‘On Fire’ Debut [LISTEN]
NFL Legend Gale Sayers Dead At 77
Coach Ron Rivera Opens Up About His Cancer Journey And Commitment To The WFT