President Obama will be in Cleveland on Friday to campaign for Hilary Clinton. That will mean some traffic closures as you make your way into downtown.
Starting at 8:00 p.m. on Thursday until 11:00 a.m. on Friday, Lakeside Avenue will be closed at Ontario Street and West Mall Drive. Local through traffic will be permitted. Also, West Mall Drive at Lakeside Avenue will be closed.
Then on Friday, North Marginal Road at East 9th Street will be closed from 10:00 a.m. through the duration of the President’s visit. Also, North Marginal Road at East 26th Street will be closed for everything except airport access.
The westbound exit ramp on Route 2 to East 9th Street will also be closed from 10:00 a.m. until the end of the event, which is expected to conclude around 12:30 p.m.
Once the President departs, the city of Cleveland will prepare for a Friday night of sports downtown as the Monsters play their season opener at the Q, followed by Game 1 of the ALCS at Progressive Field.
Here are the areas that will be designated “No Parking” :
- Prospect Avenue from Ontario Street to East14th Street.
- Huron Road from Ontario Street to Prospect Avenue.
- Bolivar Road from East 9th Street to East 14th Street.
- Carnegie Avenue from East 9th Street to East 14th Street.
- East 9th Street from Superior Avenue to Carnegie Avenue.
- East 4th Street from Huron Road to Prospect Avenue