CLOSE
23088608

Source: Hemera Technologies / Getty

via News5:

he Umatilla County Fire District in Oregon is warning people not to plug space heaters into power strips, as the power strips are not designed to handle the high current flow.

In a photograph shared by the Oregon fire department on Facebook, it shows a charred and melted power strip.

“These units are not designed to handle the high current flow needed for a space heater and can overheat or even catch fire due to the added energy flow,” Umatilla County Fire said on its Facebook page. “It is best to have all heating equipment plugged directly into an outlet

On Monday, a space heater was the cause of a fire in Toledo, Ohio, WTOL-TV reported.

The National Fire Protection Association estimates from 2009-13, space heaters were responsible for nearly 400 deaths from 22,000 fires.

Also On Praise Cleveland:
Kierra Sheard Shares Engagement Photos
5 photos