National Ugly Christmas Sweater Day has grown to be an international event. Now occurring on the third Friday of December, the celebration gives holiday lovers worldwide a chance to wear their ugly Christmas sweaters. In 2014, they partnered with Save the Children in their “Make the World Better with a Sweater” campaign. You can now help children across the world by wearing an ugly sweater on December 18th and encouraging others to go online and donate.
HOW TO OBSERVE
Try these tips to take the prize on National Ugly Christmas Sweater Day:
- Animal or cartoon characters with a holiday theme are a great starting place. Think reindeer, snowmen, mice, kittens or elves.
- Select ridiculous colors. The more they clash, the better.
- Embellish. Scratch that. Over-embellish! Pom-poms, bells, felt, tinsle or any other glittery, jingly items laying around the house.
- Add a collar, dickey or ruffle.
- Electrify it! Put Rudolph to shame and go to the head of the team with bright, flashing lights!
- Give it some 80s flair with shoulder pads.
Wear your ugliest Christmas sweater. Use #ChristmasSweaterDay to post on social media.
National Ugly Christmas Sweater Day was started in 2011 by ugly Christmas sweater lovers as a way to lighten up the busy holidays and to show off their absurdly, ugly sweaters. The day has grown in popularity and is celebrated worldwide.
SZA Sizzles In A Curve-Hugging Bodysuit For Kim Kardashian’s SKIMS
Three Dead Bodies Found ‘Bound and Gagged’ Near Akron
Who Jumped Tekashi 6ix9ine? Tweet Claims IG Video Shows Name Of Man Stomping Rapper
Congrats! Tamar Braxton Is Engaged!
Blac Chyna Spotted Out After Dissolving Facial Fillers
The 9 Worst Ways to Handle Conflict
Tami Roman Gets Candid About Her Battle With Body Dysmorphia
CeCe Winans Daughter Ashley Love Wedding Pics!