Famed Christian Evangelist Rev. Billy Graham has passed away. The news was confirmed by the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association.
Graham grew up in rural Charlotte, North Carolina. He found his spiritual path at 16. Graham later moved to Florida and was ordained there in 1939. Since his ministry began in 1947, Graham conducted more than 400 crusades in 185 countries and territories on six continents. Graham was also a key in the civil rights movement, working with Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Graham was also known as the “Pastor to Presidents,” as he has counseled the leader of the U.S. since Harry Truman in 1950.
Dr. King was quoted as saying “Had it not been for the ministry of my good friend Dr. Billy Graham, my work in the Civil Rights Movement would not have been as successful as it has been.”
In 1992, Graham was diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease.
In Memoriam: Celebrity Deaths In 2018
1. Edwin HawkinsSource:Getty 1 of 8
2. Reg. E CatheySource:Getty 2 of 8
3. Dennis EdwardsSource:Getty 3 of 8
4. John MahoneySource:Getty 4 of 8
5. Keith JacksonSource:Getty 5 of 8
6. Jerry Van DykeSource:Getty 6 of 8
7. Lovebug starskiSource:Getty 7 of 8
8. Craig MackSource:Getty 8 of 8
Christian Evangelist Rev. Billy Graham Has Passed Away At 99 was originally published on praisedc.com