Several school districts in Oklahoma, Arizona and Kentucky are suffering after teachers went on strike. Teachers are demanding more pay and students are standing with them to get it. TJ spoke about how she used to be a substitute teacher and how hard it was.
She mentioned that you make a connection with students and then have to leave them. A lot of the kids that weren’t well behaved needed extra love and care, once TJ was able to give them that she had to go. It hurt a lot of the children, but she made sure to visit them.
Listen to “Get Up! Mornings with Erica Campbell” 6am ET.
- Erica Campbell & Roland Martin To Host Urban One Honors May 16th On TV One
- Proposed Texas Law Based on ‘Big Lie’ Advances Out of Committee
- Partial Ban On No Knock Warrants Signed Into Kentucky Law After Bipartisan Compromise
- The Bible Is Black History: Dr. Theron D. Williams Discusses The Correlation Between The Bible & Black History
- Marvin Sapp Launched A New Entertainment Company & He’s Looking For Talent! [EXCLUSIVE]
- DMX Passes Away At 50 After Week Spent On Life Support Following Heart Attack
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — April 9, 2021: Backlash from New Law — Schools To Be Fully Reopened — Inspiring Home Workouts
- Virginia Governor Who Once Wore Blackface Endorses Former Gov. Terry McAuliffe To Replace Him
- Justin Fairfax’s Problematic Comparison To Emmett Till, George Floyd Doesn’t Fly
- WATCH: What You Need To Know — April 8, 2021: Atlanta Mayor Fights for Voting Rights — Covid-19 & Brain Disorders — Social Justice Index Funds
- More Than A Historic First, Tishaura Jones’ Win Shows the Power of Building With Community
Why Being A Substitute Teacher Is Such A Hard Job [EXCLUSIVE] was originally published on getuperica.com