Text “ERICA” to 52140 to join the Get Up! Mornings w/ Erica Campbell mobile club for exclusive news. (Terms and conditions).
A video of Black wrestler, Andrew Johnson went viral after he was told he had to cut off his dreadlocks or forfeit the match by the referee. The video left many people disturbed as you can see Andrew get very emotional as his hair was cut.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter!
According to TMZ, the Buena Regional High School wrestling team has decided they will not compete in events refereed by Alan Maloney. During an emergency meeting board members as well as many concerned community members came to hear this decision.
The referees camp has said he was not being racist and was only following the guidelines.
Nevertheless, Andrew who’s only 16-years-old was given 90 seconds to make the decision to cut his hair or not. The student has also decided to not compete right now because he’s overwhelmed by the attention of the media.
Lastly, the attorney for Andrew says he will come back later on this season, but has not decided on what date.
See photos of Black women rocking their natural hair.
ALSO TRENDING ON GETUPERICA.COM:
- 7 Rappers That Turned To Religion
- Priest Sentenced To 25 Years In Prison For Child Porn, Admits Tampering With Communion & More
- 9 Hilarious Church Signs
Black Celebrity Women Show Off Their Natural Hair
1. Tia MowrySource: 1 of 12
2. Malaysia PargoSource: 2 of 12
3. Kandi BurrussSource: 3 of 12
4. Nicki MinajSource: 4 of 12
5. Gabrielle UnionSource: 5 of 12
6. Taraji P. HensonSource: 6 of 12
7. Sanaa LathanSource: 7 of 12
8.Source: 8 of 12
9. Teyana TaylorSource: 9 of 12
10. Tamera Mowry-HouselySource: 10 of 12
11. Toya WrightSource: 11 of 12
Wrestling Team Boycotts Referee That Made Teammate Cut Off His Dreadlocks [VIDEO] was originally published on getuperica.com