Be ready to observe by having your glass of milk handy as it is National Oreo Cookie Day. This day is recognized across the nation each year on March 6th.
The Oreo sandwich cookie is made up of two chocolate disks containing a sweet cream filling and is loved by millions. Since it’s introduction, the Oreo cookie has become the best-selling cookie in the United States.
The National Biscuit Company (today known as Nabisco) first developed and produced the “Oreo Biscuit” in 1912 at its Chelsea factory in New York City. Today, the block on which the factory was located is known as “Oreo Way”.
- The name “Oreo” was first trademarked on March 14, 1912.
- The first Oreo cookies in the United States sold for 25 cents a pound in clear glass topped novelty cans.
- In 1912, the Oreo Biscuit was renamed to “Oreo Sandwich”.
- In 1948, the Oreo Sandwich was renamed to “Oreo Creme Sandwich”.
- William A. Turnier developed the modern-day Oreo design in 1952 to include the Nabisco logo.
- Nabisco’s principal food scientist, Sam Procello, developed the modern Oreo cookie filling
HOW TO OBSERVE
Grab a glass of milk and a handful of Oreos to enjoy and use #NationalOreoCookieDay to post on social media.
Within our research, we were unable to identify the creator of National Oreo Cookie Day
Praise 94.5 Mobile App
The Cleveland Browns May Leave Cleveland Again, Per Report
Sybil Wilkes ‘What You Need To Know:’ Black Congresswoman Under Investigation – FL School Under Fire for Black History – Agape Love
Secret X ThirdLove Empower Women To Feel Fresh And Comfortable With Their New Whole Body Deodorant
The Secret To Marrying The Right Person | Dr. Willie Jolley
Submit A Black Owned Business For Buy Black Cleveland!
High School & College Choice Fair | January 30th | Wolstein Center
Get The Look: Celebrity Hairstylist Devante Turnbull Used These Products To Achieve SZA’s Grammy’s Sleek Hairdo