Sri Lanka attack death toll rises to 290:
Exercise increased caution in Sri Lanka due to terrorism.
Terrorist groups continue plotting possible attacks in Sri Lanka. Terrorists may attack with little or no warning, targeting tourist locations, transportation hubs, markets/shopping malls, local government facilities, hotels, clubs, restaurants, places of worship, parks, major sporting and cultural events, educational institutions, airports, and other public areas.
Read the Safety and Security section on the country information page.
If you decide to travel to Sri Lanka:
- Be aware of your surroundings when traveling to tourist locations and crowded public venues.
- Follow the instructions of local authorities.
- Monitor local media for breaking events and adjust your plans based on new information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Sri Lanka.
- US citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist
Tesla investigates after car appears to explode in China:
Tesla is investigating after one of its vehicles appeared to explode in China.
Woman carrying a gun and a baby tackled after threatening to blow up church:
Church members on Sunday tackled a woman carrying a baby and handgun, as she threatened to blow up the church during Easter service, San Diego Police said.
Florida man pretending to be a deputy tried to pull over a real detective and got arrested:
When a South Florida undercover detective almost got pulled over earlier this week, it came as a surprise that the deputy attempting to conduct the traffic stop wasn’t even a real deputy.
From pig farmer to internet sensation: Meet the viral star hogging the limelight on a Chinese streaming app:
“I don’t want to be in this relationship anymore!”
CLICK HERE to read story