The O’Jays are back, y’all. With their first album in 15 years, The Last Wordtaps into the group’s signature sound, which fans will be happy to hear.
Still, things have changed for the O’Jays, which is comprised of Eddie Levert, Walter Williams and Eric Grant. Levert admitted to ESSENCE in a recent interview that the music industry is “really a young people’s game now.”
“When I came up, we looked at that stuff and said, ‘That’s a lot of buffoonery.’ And some of it is because why would you wear your pants all the way down under your butt? Maybe I’m just old and that’s probably what they’ll say,” he continued on some of music’s fashion trends.
Williams also had a few gems to share about the music industry, including how new artists can market and brand themselves.
CLICK HERE to read full story
How Celebrities Spent Resurrection Sunday...We Mean Easter
1. The Wade Family1 of 18
2. Kandi Burruss & Family2 of 18
3. Blac Chyna3 of 18
4. Blac Chyna4 of 18
5. Blac Chyna5 of 18
6. The Clermont Twins6 of 18
7. Kylie Jenner & Travis Scott7 of 18
8. Yung Miami8 of 18
9. Diddy9 of 18
10. Ray J & Princess Love's Baby Girl Melody10 of 18
11. Masika & Fetty Wap's Daughter Khari11 of 18
12.12 of 18
13.13 of 18
14. Chanel Iman14 of 18
15. Yandy & Mendeecees Children15 of 18
16. John Legend & Miles16 of 18
17. Ciara & Baby Sienna17 of 18
18. 50 Cent18 of 18