Charlie and Marty Coe recently celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary in front of a joyful crowd of family and friends, but things weren’t always so good in their marriage. Although they were very much in love in the early years, by the time they reached their early 30s, they had grown “cold and distant” and were “living the life of married singles.” As they put it, they were “a train wreck waiting to happen,” and though they never discussed it, the threat of divorce “loomed large.” At the time, they attended church but were not living out their faith in their marriage.
All that changed about 38 years ago when the couple attended a Worldwide Marriage Encounter (WWME) weekend they heard about through a friend at church. During the event, an unhappy Marty found the courage to tell Charlie he needed to shoulder a much larger share of the care of their two children. The WWME community also jumpstarted their faith and their marriage, prompting them to pray with and for one another on a daily basis and to become more active leaders in their church. Since then, they’ve enjoyed a vibrant marriage that they continue to share about through their marriage ministry.
CLICK HERE to read story
Tyrese Attacked On Social Media For Not Marrying A "Black" Woman
1. Some fans weren’t shocked when they heard the ‘fake news’ that Tyrese’s wife isn’t black.Source: 1 of 7
2. We can feel the eye-roll coming from this tweet.Source: 2 of 7
3. Hell hath no fury like Black Twitter.Source: 3 of 7
4. Some just not here for Mrs. Gibson.Source: 4 of 7
5. LOL.Source: 5 of 7
6. Shady boots.Source: 6 of 7
7. The people want Baby Boy Jody back.Source: 7 of 7