Each year on June 12, people in the United States observe National Red Rose Day. It honors the flower that is a symbol of love and romance, the red rose.
The June birth flower is the rose.
Red roses were used in many early cultures as decorations in wedding ceremonies and wedding attire. It was through this practice that, over the years, the red rose became known as a symbol of love and romance. The tradition of giving red roses as the strongest message of love is still practiced today.
In June, red roses are in bloom in flower gardens across the United States, and their beauty and sweet scent fill the air with happiness.
HOW TO OBSERVE
Enjoy the pleasant scent of a rose. Use #NationalRedRoseDay to share on social medi
4. Premiere Of Magnolia Pictures' 'I Am Not Your Negro' - Red Carpet
4 of 24
5. Premiere Of Paramount Pictures' 'xXx: Return Of Xander Cage' - Arrivals
5 of 24
6. 89th Annual Academy Awards - Arrivals
6 of 24
7. Premiere Of Warner Bros. Pictures' 'Kong: Skull Island' - Arrivals
7 of 24
8. Premiere Of Warner Bros. Pictures' 'Kong: Skull Island' - Arrivals
8 of 24
9. Patrick McMullan Archives
9 of 24
10. Patrick McMullan Archives
10 of 24
11. Patrick McMullan Archives
11 of 24
12. Opening Night on Broadway of Lucas Hnath's 'A Doll's House, Part 2' Starring Laurie Metcalf And Chris Cooper
12 of 24
13. SAG-AFTRA Foundation's Conversations With 'Grey's Anatomy'
13 of 24
14. 19th Annual DesignCare 2017 - Arrivals
14 of 24
15. Patrick McMullan Archives
15 of 24
16. Patrick McMullan Archives
16 of 24
17. Patrick McMullan Archives
17 of 24
18. Patrick McMullan Archives
18 of 24
19. Vanity Fair aftershow party - Morton's - Melrose Avenue
19 of 24
20. The American Theatre Wing's Centennial Gala
20 of 24
21. WACO Theater's 2nd Annual Wearable Art Gala - Arrivals
21 of 24
22. CinemaCon 2018 - The CinemaCon Big Screen Achievement Awards Brought To You By The Coca-Cola Company
22 of 24
23. Premiere Of Disney And Pixar's 'Incredibles 2' - Arrivals
23 of 24
24. Premiere Of Disney And Pixar's 'Incredibles 2' - Arrivals
24 of 24
Continue reading Samuel L. Jackson & LaTanya Richardson’s Love Stands The Test Of Time
Samuel L. Jackson & LaTanya Richardson’s Love Stands The Test Of Time
Samuel L. Jackson is Hollywood’s highest paid actor, and his films (he’s starred in over 100 roles) have generated billions at the box office. Sam is currently in two blockbuster movies set to hit the big screen, Glass and Captain Marvel.
But behind every successful Black man is a strong Black woman and that woman for Sam Jackson is LaTanya Richardson. The couple, who’ve been married since 1980, have stood the test of time. They’ve been married 38 years and she’s the reason he became an actor.
Sign Up For Our Newsletter![sailthru_widget fields="email" sailthru_list="subscribers"]
“I’m telling you, we were revolutionaries,” Richardson said in Essence Magazine. “We used to say the most revolutionary thing was to keep a Black family together. So that became our mantra.”
Take a look at Sam and LaTanya through the years.