It’s time to celebrate America’s 243nd birthday, and Northeast Ohio is ready to let freedom ring!
WKYC has compiled a list of some of the best festivities and fireworks displays in the area, with some even beginning this weekend. If you’d like to submit one you think we missed, please send an email to WKYC-Webteam@wkyc.com
Bay Village (July 3-6)
- Bay Days festival at Cahoon Memorial Park featuring rides, kids parade, and even a vintage baseball game
- Fireworks at dusk on July 4
Berea (July 4-6)
- Grindstone Festival takes place from 4-10 p.m. each day at Coe Lake Park, with paddle boat rides, live music, rides and games, and so much more.
- Fireworks at 10 p.m. on July 4
Brantenahl (July 3)
- Independence Day Celebration at Village park starting at 7 p.m.
- Fireworks around 10 p.m.
Broadview Heights (July 11-14)
- Home Days on the Green with live music, activities, and even a petting zoo
- Fireworks at 10 p.m. each of the first three days
Cleveland (July 4)
- Fireworks at sundown, with notable viewing spots being Dock 20 on Lake Erie, the William G. Mather Steamship, or even the Goodtime III for dinner and dancing
- Greater Cleveland Aquarium will also hold a special “Fun Before 4” event beginning at 10 a.m., with free admission for all active military and first responders
- NOTE: This year’s Star-Spangled Spectacular featuring the Cleveland Orchestra will not take place until Aug. 7 due to the MLB All-Star Game Festivities
Lakewood (July 4)
- Parade and concert staring at 10 a.m. at Lakewood Park
- Fireworks at 9:30 p.m., with residents also having a view from Elmwood Park in Independence
CLICK HERE to read full story