WE love to read and today is NATIONAL BOOK LOVERS DAY!! so go out to your local library or your favorite bench at work and read the latest novel or magazine
Step back in time
- The very first books used parchment or vellum (calf skin) for the book pages.
- The book covers were made of wood and often covered with leather.
- The books were fitted with clasps or straps.
- Public libraries appeared in the Middle Ages.
- Public libraries often chained the books to a shelf or a desk to prevent theft
CLICK HERE to read story