The best place to be….we are in awe of today because we need our library’s for information and to learn everything under the sun.
National Read A Book Day is observed annually on September 6th. On August 9th, we all celebrated National Book Lovers Day. While these bookish days may seem similar, National Read a Book Day invites us ALL to grab a book we might enjoy and spend the day reading.
Don’t keep it to yourself. Share the experience! Read aloud either to children or to grandparents. Read to your pets or to your stuffed animals and plants.
Reading improves memory and concentration as well as reduces stress. Older adults who spend time reading show a slower cognitive decline and tend to participate in more mentally stimulating activities over their lifetime. Books are an inexpensive entertainment, educational tool and time machine too!
CLICK HERE to read story
'Do The Right Thing' Turns 30: Look At The Cast Now
1. 30th Anniversary "Do The Right Thing" Block PartySource:Photo by Johnny Nunez/WireImage 1 of 9
2. Spike LeeSource:Photo by Nicky J Sims/Getty Images 2 of 9
3. Rosie PerezSource:Charles Sykes/Bravo/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images 3 of 9
4. Samuel L. JacksonSource:Kevin Winter/Getty Images 4 of 9
5. Martin LawrenceSource:Axelle/Bauer-Griffin/FilmMagic 5 of 9
6. Joie LeeSource:Theo Wargo/Getty Images 6 of 9
7. Frankie FalsonSource:Paul Zimmerman/WireImage 7 of 9
8. Giancarlo EspositoSource:Leon Bennett/Getty Images 8 of 9
9. Richard Parnell HabershamSource:NICHOLAS RICHER/Patrick McMullan via Getty Images 9 of 9