Public Square had to close in Downtown Cleveland on Nov. 27, because the giant Christmas tree that was put up for the annual lighting ceremony that is supposed to take place on Nov. 30 at 6 p.m., started to lean due to the heavy winds.
City workers are making sure that the tree is stabilized before Winterfest. As a result, the Square was also closed off to drivers and pedestrians.
From WKYC 3News Cleveland:
The Downtown Cleveland Alliance issued the following statement Wednesday afternoon after the City of Cleveland arrived to assess the tree.
“They have stabilized the tree and they are be taking steps to adjust the tree and reinforce it going forward. We continue to finalize our plans for Saturday’s Winterfest program and the lighting ceremony and we look forward to everyone joining us on Public Square – rain or shine.”
Article Courtesy of WKYC 3News Cleveland
First Picture Courtesy of David Shvartsman and Getty Images
Second Picture Courtesy of Barry Winiker and Getty Images
Video Courtesy of YouTube and WKYC 3News Cleveland
Third Picture Courtesy of Instagram and WKYC 3News Cleveland
What Makes Downtown Cleveland So Sexy?
1. Crystal Chandelierat PlayHouse SquareSource:Getty 1 of 13
2. Solar panels outside the Great Lakes Science Center.Source:Getty 2 of 13
3. The Rock And Roll Hall Of FameSource:Getty 3 of 13
4. Aerial view of downtown Cleveland's Public SquareSource:Getty 4 of 13
5. Soldiers and Sailors monument in Cleveland, Ohio, USASource:Getty 5 of 13
6. Downtown Cleveland's historic building on Public SquareSource:Getty 6 of 13
7. The exterior of Key Tower.Source:Getty 7 of 13
8.8 of 13
9. Downtown Old Stone ChurchSource:Getty 9 of 13
10.10 of 13
11. The interior of the Tower City Center.Source:Getty 11 of 13
12. Cleveland Convention Center, Cleveland, Ohio, USASource:Getty 12 of 13
13.13 of 13
LOCAL NEWS: High Winds Causes the Giant Christmas Tree in Public Square to Lean was originally published on wzakcleveland.com