Over 400 members of the Cleveland Public Library’s union – its librarians, assistants and custodians – could be heading towards the picket line if a new contact is not negotiated on time.
From WKYC 3News Cleveland:
The union and the library has been trying to work out a new three-year contract for months. At an impasse with management, members of the Service Employees International Union 1199 overwhelmingly voted earlier this month to authorize a strike, which could be called after giving the library advance notice.
Feb. 4 is the day the union plans to strike, with Noon as the official time, according to senior library clerk Erick Walker.
The strike could affect all of the branches to where some would close, and others would cut back on its hours. Children would also be affected by the strike when access to the internet and meals from the Cleveland Food Bank could be limited.
Click here to read more.
Article Courtesy of WKYC 3News Cleveland
First and Second Picture Courtesy of Douglas Sacha and Getty Images
Video Courtesy of YouTube and WKYC 3News Cleveland
What Makes Downtown Cleveland So Sexy?
1. Crystal Chandelierat PlayHouse SquareSource:Getty 1 of 13
2. Solar panels outside the Great Lakes Science Center.Source:Getty 2 of 13
3. The Rock And Roll Hall Of FameSource:Getty 3 of 13
4. Aerial view of downtown Cleveland's Public SquareSource:Getty 4 of 13
5. Soldiers and Sailors monument in Cleveland, Ohio, USASource:Getty 5 of 13
6. Downtown Cleveland's historic building on Public SquareSource:Getty 6 of 13
7. The exterior of Key Tower.Source:Getty 7 of 13
8.8 of 13
9. Downtown Old Stone ChurchSource:Getty 9 of 13
10.10 of 13
11. The interior of the Tower City Center.Source:Getty 11 of 13
12. Cleveland Convention Center, Cleveland, Ohio, USASource:Getty 12 of 13
13.13 of 13
LOCAL NEWS: Cleveland Public Library Staff Could Go On Strike Depending on Contract Situation was originally published on wzakcleveland.com