One of Downtown Cleveland’s most well-known establishments has shut down due to issues involving a leak.
Tower City Center, once a crown jewel as a premier shopping destination in the 1990’s and early 2000’s and continues to run as center with a mix of business, shopping and dining tenants, officially closed for right now as of June 7 as a water leak made its way inside the facility.
From WJW Fox 8 News Cleveland:
In a statement from Bedrock Management, who manages the building, it says the leak is in a portion of Level M1, one floor below street level.
The leak was “contained” and “no injuries” have been reported.
What exactly caused the water leak: It did not come from inside the business and shopping center:
The leak occurred outside of the Tower City property and they are working with nearby property owners to confirm the cause, according to Bedrock.
“At this time, a small number of tenants have been affected and out of an abundance of caution, the mall will remain closed,” according to statement. “As we work to assess the extent of the situation and timeline for repairs, the safety and wellbeing of our tenants, staff and guests remain paramount.”
It is being decided when and how Tower City will open back up once again.
Here is video from Abnormal Scrutiny on Twitter with a look at the water leak.
The Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority, also known as GCRTA or RTA, mentioned that rapid trains continue to operate out of Tower City.
RTA took to its Twitter account to inform passengers who are arriving at the complex should “exit the building on the Prospect-side only” as the Euclid-side exit has been closed off.
Click here to read more.
Article and Second Video Courtesy of WJW Fox 8 News Cleveland
First and Second Picture Courtesy of Douglas Sacha and Getty Images
First Video and First and Second Tweet Courtesy of Twitter and WJW Fox 8 News Cleveland
What Makes Downtown Cleveland So Sexy?
1. Crystal Chandelierat PlayHouse SquareSource:Getty 1 of 13
2. Solar panels outside the Great Lakes Science Center.Source:Getty 2 of 13
3. The Rock And Roll Hall Of FameSource:Getty 3 of 13
4. Aerial view of downtown Cleveland's Public SquareSource:Getty 4 of 13
5. Soldiers and Sailors monument in Cleveland, Ohio, USASource:Getty 5 of 13
6. Downtown Cleveland's historic building on Public SquareSource:Getty 6 of 13
7. The exterior of Key Tower.Source:Getty 7 of 13
8.8 of 13
9. Downtown Old Stone ChurchSource:Getty 9 of 13
10.10 of 13
11. The interior of the Tower City Center.Source:Getty 11 of 13
12. Cleveland Convention Center, Cleveland, Ohio, USASource:Getty 12 of 13
13.13 of 13
LOCAL NEWS: Water Leak Closes Off Tower City Center was originally published on wzakcleveland.com