According to NBC4i, By two metrics, Ohio’s COVID-19 cases are at their highest point of the summer so far.
The Ohio Department of Health on Monday reported 660 new coronavirus cases, the highest one-day total since May 28, which also saw 660. And last week, ODH reported 2,842 cases, the most in a Monday-Sunday period since 4,634 cases May 24-30.
With 660 new cases, Monday became the sixth day this month – and the fifth day in the last six – to see more than 400 cases. June saw four days over 400 cases, but all were early in the month.
Daily case counts are not backdated to the day of infection, but trends among these backdated “onset cases” tend to follow the raw releases. The last day Ohio saw more than 400 onset cases was June 2. But it was as recently as early- to mid-May when Ohio was recording multiple days with more than 1,000 onset cases.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms Making Progress Finding Justice In Famous Atlanta Child Murders Case
- Rahm Emanuel’s Ambassador Hearing Set For Anniversary Of Laquan McDonald’s Murder He Allegedly Covered Up
- Rock Hall Induction Week To Begin with ‘Trans-Europe Express’ Line Dance Honoring 2021 Inductee Kraftwerk
- Fake COVID Card Will Cost Evander Kane $1.6M Months After NHL Player Filed For Bankruptcy
- Just “Ye”: Kanye West Officially Got A Judge To Approve His Name Change Request
- GOP Opening Community Centers To Engage Black Voters As Patience With Biden Administration Wears Thin
- Dorothy Steel, The ‘Black Panther’ Elder That Began Acting At 88, Passes Away At 95
- L.A. County Wants Proof Of Vanessa Bryant’s ‘Severe Emotional Distress’ Caused By Cops Leaking, Sharing Kobe’s Crash Photos
- Brother Of Patrick Mahomes Apologizes for Dancing On Top Of Sean Taylor Tribute At FedExField
- Anti-Vaxxers Are Using Colin Powell’s Death To Justify False Claims About The Vaccine
Ohio Reaches the Highest COVID Rates This Summer Due To Delta Variant was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com