One of Cleveland’s longtime members of City Council has been convicted.
Kenneth Johnson, who represents the city’s Ward 4 district, was found guilty on “all 15 counts” in regards to charges on corruption.
The councilman himself was on trial earlier on July 30 at a federal court hearing in Akron when he was given the news.
From WJW Fox 8 News Cleveland:
Johnson was arrested by federal agents at his Buckeye-Shaker home in February. The arrest came as part of the 15-count indictment surrounding misuse of funds and conspiracy.
The indictment issued by a federal grand jury in Cleveland listed charges including conspiracy to commit theft from a federal program, aiding and assisting in the preparation of false tax returns, tampering with a witness and falsification of records during a federal investigation.
An executive assistant to Johnson, Garnell Jamison, “was also found guilty.”
Johnson was suspended from his role in Cleveland City Council earlier this year.
Click here to read more.
Article Courtesy of WJW Fox 8 News Cleveland
First Picture Courtesy of Barry Winiker and Getty Images
Second Picture Courtesy of Douglas Sacha
Revisit The Best Laurence Fishburne Scenes On His 60th Birthday
1. The Professor Gives A Lesson (Higher Learning)1 of 10
2. "Tax Man Comin'" (Black-ish)2 of 10
3. The College Experience (School Daze)3 of 10
4. I Don't Leave Witnesses (King of New York)4 of 10
5. Furious Styles Speech (Boyz N The Hood)5 of 10
6. Ike Becomes A Monster (What's Love Got To Do With It)6 of 10
7. Big Words (Akeelah and the Bee)7 of 10
8. Theodore Brassel vs Ethan Hunt (Mission Impossible III)8 of 10
9. Get This Man a Gun (John Wick 2)9 of 10
10. Thanks For Walking Me Home (Hoodlum)10 of 10
LOCAL NEWS: CLE Councilman Kenneth Johnson Found Guilty! was originally published on wzakcleveland.com