Gymnast Sunisa Lee recently revealed her new relationship to the world via an Instagram post. The Olympic gold medalist is now dating USC football player Jaylin Smith. The couple seemed very happy and comfortable with one another as they snuggled up from the gram.
Smith, who plays defensive back for the Trojans was a standout Freshman who played in 9 games, had 11 tackles, a forced fumble, a sack, and inception. The former Bishop Alemany High star also appeared on Snoop Dogg’s Netflix show, “Coach Snoop.”
After Suni Lee announced their relationship, she revealed that she’s been facing serious backlash from some of her fellow Hmong Americans because her boyfriend Jaylin Smith is black.
Her comments came after she watched a TikTok video of a fan standing behind a picture of the couple as he congratulated her for her and Jaylin on their new relationship.
In the caption he wrote.”’I know that Sunisa will be judged by certain eyes in the Hmong Community because her man is Black, LOVE is LOVE, no matter what race or gender you are. Keep doing you QUEEN.’
Sunisa jumped into the comments section of the video saying the video made her so happy and that she had received so much hate.
‘They support me when it’s beneficial for them, never when it comes to my happiness,” she said in the comments.
Her fans immediately jumped to her aid in the comments expressing 100% support for her relationship.
In November, during an interview with PopSugar, Lee admitted she was a victim of a racist attack while waiting for an Uber in Los Angeles. She revealed she was sprayed with pepper spray and called ‘ching chong.’
“I didn’t do anything to them,” she said during the interview. “Having the reputation, it’s so hard because I didn’t want to do anything that could get me into trouble. I just let it happen.”
Sunisa made history in 2020, becoming the first Hmong American to ever participate in the Olympics. But it’s her relationship with a Black man that some folks just can get over.
Regardless of the hate, they are a beautiful couple.
‘King Richard’: Touching Photos Of Venus And Serena With Their Dad Through The Years
1. 1991 in ComptonSource:Getty 1 of 30
2. WimbledonSource:Getty 2 of 30
3. WTASource:Getty 3 of 30
4. US OpenSource:Getty 4 of 30
5. US OpenSource:Getty 5 of 30
6. Sony Ericsson OpenSource:Getty 6 of 30
7. AEGON InternationalSource:Getty 7 of 30
8. Ericsson OpenSource:Getty 8 of 30
9.Source:Getty 9 of 30
10. WimbledonSource:Getty 10 of 30
11. WimbledonSource:Getty 11 of 30
12. US OpenSource:Getty 12 of 30
13. WimbledonSource:Getty 13 of 30
14. U.S. OpenSource:Getty 14 of 30
15. Wimbledon 2012Source:Getty 15 of 30
16. 2007 Sony Ericsson OpenSource:Getty 16 of 30
17. Venus WilliamsSource:Getty 17 of 30
18. Venus Williams poses in 1991 in ComptonSource:Getty 18 of 30
19. Serena WilliamsSource:Getty 19 of 30
20. Venus WilliamsSource:Getty 20 of 30
21. Wimbledon 2012Source:Getty 21 of 30
22. Evert CupSource:Getty 22 of 30
23. Wimbledon 2012Source:Getty 23 of 30
24. On Compton Tennis CourtSource:Getty 24 of 30
25. Compton Tennis CourtSource:Getty 25 of 30
26. Practicing in 1991 in ComptonSource:Getty 26 of 30
27. Practicing in 1991 in ComptonSource:Getty 27 of 30
28. Evert CupSource:Getty 28 of 30
29.Source:Getty 29 of 30
30.Source:Getty 30 of 30
Meet Suni Lee’s Boyfriend Jaylin Smith–Some Of Her Fans Are Angry He’s Black was originally published on newsone.com