Out of the Box – Side Dishes
Maple and Balsamic Brussels Sprouts
2 tablespoons butter
4 strips turkey bacon, cut into 1⁄4–1⁄2-inch pieces
1 shallot, roughly chopped
1/4 cup of dried Cranberries
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced
2 tablespoons avocado oil
Cracked black pepper
1⁄4 cup plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
READ MORE STORIES:
- WELLNESS WEDNESDAY: 4 HEALTHY FALL COMFORT FOOD RECIPES
- #NationalOatmealDay: 5 Recipes For Delicious Oatmeal
- CHIC EATS: Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake Enchiladas [RECIPE]
1. Melt the butter in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add the Turkey bacon if desired and cook for 5 minutes to render down. Add the shallot and garlic and sauté until golden brown, another 2–3 minutes.
2. Add the Brussels sprouts and avocado oil and season with salt and pepper as desired. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally add dried cranberries sauté for 1 minute then Add 1⁄4 cup of the maple syrup and the balsamic vinegar. Reduce the temperature to medium and sauté for another 3 minutes to coat evenly.
3. Transfer the mixture to a serving dish and drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons maple syrup. Season with more salt and pepper to taste.
Chef Jernard Wells ‘Out of the Box’ Side Dishes: Maple and Balsamic Brussels Sprouts Recipe was originally published on getuperica.com
SZA Sizzles In A Curve-Hugging Bodysuit For Kim Kardashian’s SKIMS
Three Dead Bodies Found ‘Bound and Gagged’ Near Akron
Who Jumped Tekashi 6ix9ine? Tweet Claims IG Video Shows Name Of Man Stomping Rapper
Congrats! Tamar Braxton Is Engaged!
Blac Chyna Spotted Out After Dissolving Facial Fillers
The 9 Worst Ways to Handle Conflict
Tami Roman Gets Candid About Her Battle With Body Dysmorphia
CeCe Winans Daughter Ashley Love Wedding Pics!