According to NBC4i, Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost has announced a civil lawsuit against railroad company Norfolk Southern. In the announcement, Yost called the incident at a press conference “entirely avoidable.”
Get News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
When commenting on Norfolk Southern Yost stated “This derailment was completely avoidable, The fallout from this highly preventable accident is going to reverberate through Ohio and Ohioans for many years to come.” Yost also claimed that Norfolk Southern put profits over the people’s safety.
The lawsuit also states that Ohio is seeking Norfolk Southern to cover damages, including environmental impacts and the impacts on Ohioans.
Watch the press conference below:
- Distracted driving law in Ohio goes into effect next week
- Marjorie Harvey Gifts Steve Harvey A Virgil Edition Maybach
- Damson Idris Talks Relationship With Lori Harvey: ‘Life Is Great’
- Who Is Amanda Aldridge? The Hidden Figure Of Classical Music
- Women of the Bible: Jochebed
- Ohio School District Approves 4-Day School Weeks
- Why the death penalty may end in Ohio
- Loud And Factually Wrong Fox News Contributor Blames Unlocked ‘Side Door’ For School Shooting In Nashville
- East Cleveland Cops Charged With Assault & More Get $10K Bond [Video]
- GoFundMe For Irvo Otieno Slow To Gain Traction As Family Prepares For Funeral
Ohio Pursues Lawsuit Against Norfolk Southern was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com
SZA Sizzles In A Curve-Hugging Bodysuit For Kim Kardashian’s SKIMS
Who Jumped Tekashi 6ix9ine? Tweet Claims IG Video Shows Name Of Man Stomping Rapper
Congrats! Tamar Braxton Is Engaged!
Blac Chyna Wears A T-Shirt Of Kim Kardashian To Show ‘Support’ For The Reality TV Star
Blac Chyna Spotted Out After Dissolving Facial Fillers
Congrats! Da Brat And Jesseca Harris-Dupart Reveal They’re Having A Boy!
CeCe Winans Daughter Ashley Love Wedding Pics!
GoFundMe For Irvo Otieno Slow To Gain Traction As Family Prepares For Funeral