The Respect singer, 68, is suffering from incurable advanced pancreatic cancer, a US magazine claimed. Her family confirmed that she had the disease but refused to give details or discuss her prognosis, reports the Sun. Family and friends are ‘very concerned’ but said she is doing well.
It was earlier reported that the American singer is recovering from surgery to treat pancreatic cancer, She announced last week that she was canceling all her concerts until May on the advice of her doctor, but did not disclose the cause of her illness
But as strong as Ms. Franklin is. She just may beat the odds.
Nineteen sixty-seven was a tough year in many respects riots, protests, an unwinnable war but I cant think of it without thinking of the glory of Aretha Franklin, a woman in her mid-20s, introverted and somewhat shy, who sang soul and rock n roll with the power and beauty of a heavenly choir.
Muhammad Ali, a perfect physical specimen in his absolute athletic prime, was convicted of dodging the draft and stripped of his world heavyweight championship. The album was called I Never Loved a Man the Way I Love You, and if you listened closely, if you paid attention, it would just thrill you, take you to a place of exquisite human feeling. Of love and joyous possibilities.
Aretha franklin, now 68, recently had surger! Aretha and her siblings, including an older sister, Erma, and a younger sister, Carolyn, both talented musicians, were raised by the formidable C.L. Franklin, a renowned preacher and close friend of some of the biggest names in black music. (Frequent household guests included the gospel singers Mahalia Jackson and Clara Ward, and the remarkable Sam Cooke.)
Carolyn Franklin, who wrote the transcendentally beautiful Aint No Way for Aretha, died of cancer in 1988 at the age of 43. Erma Franklin, a singer who had a hit with the song Piece of My Heart (later recorded by Janis Joplin), died in 2002.
Aretha suffered through rough relationships with men, chronic weight problems and bouts of despondency. Aretha was an ecstatic presence in the house as surely as if shed been there in person. Guralnick described it as Aretha virtually exploding on the soul scene.
There are even reports going around that Aretha Franklin died.
If Aretha Franklin died there would be much more buzz on the internet. I for one however am glad that the news Aretha Franklin died is not true.
- **VIDEO PLAYLIST** About Teena Marie
- R&B Star Teena Marie Dies At 54
- Roland Martin: Daughter Alia Rose Found Mother Teena Marie Dead In California Home
- Remembering A Legend: Teena Marie Gallery
- Listen Live For On-Air Tribute to Teena Marie- 3 Decades Of Music Legend
- VIDEO: Lady T., Teena Marie passes away….We will miss you..
- Celebs Come Out For Christmas’ Lakers vs. Heat Game [PHOTOS]
- WTF Fashion Trend: Nicki Minaj Skin Tight Cat Suit w/ Matching Hair
- Live WZAK Listner Reaction To The News Of The Legendary Lady T (VIDEO)
- Teena Marie: Black Music’s White Darling – Rehearsal Videos Up Close & Personal