Here is the official release from the Browns:
Eric Mangini was relieved of his duties as head coach of the Cleveland Browns Monday, the team announced.
“This decision was not easy for me, and it was one into which I put a great deal of thought,” Browns President Mike Holmgren said. “Although we have made improvements this season, my responsibility is to ensure that we establish a program that will allow this team to compete at a championship level. That will continue to be our goal in everything we do. I want to thank Eric for all of his contributions to the Cleveland Browns, and wish him and his family the best of luck in the future.”
“The experience coaching the Cleveland Browns the past two years has been tremendous,” Mangini said. “I appreciate the opportunity that the Lerner family gave me. I have a deep respect for the players that I have coached the past two years and how they have made a profound difference in changing the culture – a tougher, smarter, more competitive, selfless team that never gave up. Our goal was to build a team for long term success. The core characteristics we were dedicated to, I believe, will help achieve that goal, and have provided a strong identity for this football team and have helped to create a positive foundation upon which the organization can continue to build.
“I feel strongly that the Cleveland Browns are headed in a very positive direction and greatly value the commitment and exceptional efforts of the coaches, players and everyone in the building that I’ve worked with in trying to help achieve our goals. My family and I have thoroughly enjoyed living in the Cleveland community and appreciate the support and passion of the fans. I know Mike and Tom are also dedicated to building a championship caliber organization and wish them nothing but success.”
article courtesy of Ohio.com
Most Popular Posts
- No comments have been made in the last days.
- 2011 Murder: Cleveland cops arrest of the New Year
- Prison Kitchen Worker Tried To Feed Poisoned Apple To Fellow Inmate
- IRS: 50 Million Taxpayers Must Wait To File For 2010
- Man Charged With Operating Unlicensed Bar, Serving Underage Drinkers
- Italy Bans Plastic Bags In The New Year
- Temperatures In The 50s On The Way
- Mangini talks with Holmgren Monday to discuss future
- In Hard Times, Family Firms Do Better
- Katie Couric: Maybe We Need A Muslim Version Of The Cosby Show
- President Obama Condemns Attacks On Christians