Spike Lee’s 1993 film Malcolm X has been chosen for preservation in the National Film Registry.
The film, based on Alex Haley’s The Autobiography of Malcolm X and starring Denzel Washington in the title role, was one of 25 films selected by the Library of Congress.
Over 500 films have been selected for preservation, with 25 “culturally, historically, or aesthetically signficant” films being selected each year.
Most Popular Posts
- No comments have been made in the last days.
- 2011 Murder: Cleveland cops arrest of the New Year
- Prison Kitchen Worker Tried To Feed Poisoned Apple To Fellow Inmate
- IRS: 50 Million Taxpayers Must Wait To File For 2010
- Man Charged With Operating Unlicensed Bar, Serving Underage Drinkers
- Italy Bans Plastic Bags In The New Year
- Temperatures In The 50s On The Way
- Mangini talks with Holmgren Monday to discuss future
- In Hard Times, Family Firms Do Better
- Katie Couric: Maybe We Need A Muslim Version Of The Cosby Show
- President Obama Condemns Attacks On Christians