ROCKVILLE, Md. – Diamond’s might be a girl’s best friend, but apparently dogs like them, too.
The owners of a Maryland jewelry store say their hearts sank when they realized their pooch ate a pricey treat.
The dog swallowed a three carat diamond worth $20,000.
A diamond dealer brought the big rock to the store, and dropped it. That’s when the dog went for the diamond.
The owner called the vet who advised letting the diamond follow nature’s course.
After three days, the diamond finally re-emerged.
The dog’s owner says the pooch will get plenty of traditional doggy snacks to keep him from munching on anymore gems.
Article courtesy of: newsnet5.com