Seared Steak Salad
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving
- 1 ounce (about 8 beans) fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 cups torn mixed greens
- 1/2 cup quartered grape tomatoes or cherry tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons fat-free creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces boneless sirloin steak, cut 1-inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1/4 ounce shaved fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1. In large saucepan plunge green beans into boiling water for 10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Cool.
2. In medium bowl combine greens, tomatoes and salad dressing. Add green beans. Toss until combined. Arrange on serving plate.
3. In small bowl stir together cumin, salt and pepper. Rub on both sides of beef. In small nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray cook steak over medium heat for 9 to 12 minutes or until desired doneness. Remove from skillet. Cut steak across grain into thin slices. Arrange on top of greens mixture.
4. Sprinkle lemon juice over steak. Top salad with onion and cheese.
Make It A Meal
- One 2 1/2” whole wheat dinner roll
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 medium nectarine (about 1 cup sliced) topped with 1 container (6 oz.) low-fat vanilla yogurt and sprinkled with nutmeg
- Iced tea with lemon wedge
(Total Calories: 396)