The beat-up cardboard sign and faded camouflage jacket were immediately connected with man whose voice turned him into an overnight national celebrity.
Ted Williams’ sign, which read, “I have a God given gift of voice,” caught the eye of a Columbus Dispatch photographer and led to the video that created his newfound stardom.
Even after Williams cleaned up his look with a fresh haircut and some new sweaters, the camo coat and cardboard sign resonated with the millions who watched that original video.
Now, that sign and jacket will be up for grabs, according to a report from TMZ.com.
The website is reporting that Williams is going to auction off the sign and jacket, with the proceeds going to the “Ted Williams Second Chance Foundation.” The foundation was created to help people who need “a hand up and not a hand out.”
No indication was given as to when the items will go up for auction.
The Columbus Dispatch also ran a story on Friday, detailing how the once lucrative job offers for Williams have trailed off in recent weeks. In the story, it said that Williams has reportedly been spending time in Los Angeles since pre-maturely leaving a rehabilitation facility in Texas.
Williams’ manager, Al Battle, said that Williams will hold a press conference on Monday to update people on his status. But according to the Dispatch, Battle has been promising a press conference for several days, and it has yet to happen.
article courtesy of Newsnet5.com
Most Popular Posts
- The Latest School Closings For February 1st 2011
- TJMS: Steve Harvey’s Controversial Ex-Wife Interviewed By Tom Joyner [Video]
- Whitney Houston Performs At Funeral For Bobby Brown’s Mother [VIDEO]
- Video: BET Celebration Of Gospel, Mary Mary, Kirk Franklin, Whitney Houston
- SuperBowl Gospel Celebration 2011
- Red Carpet Photos From 2011 Trumpet Awards
- Eddie Long’s ‘Speak No Evil’ Strategy Seems To Be Working
- Stellar Gospel Music Awards Premieres On GMC Saturday, March 5th, 2011
- Red Carpet Photos From The 2011 Trumpet Awards
- Whitney Houston Joins Kim Burrell On Stage At BET’s Celebration of Gospel [VIDEO]